Adult Day Service
Our program provides older adults living in Pembroke, Petawawa, Barry’s Bay, Killaloe and surrounding communities with a variety of structured social, recreational, spiritual and physical activities.
It assists clients to remain living in the community for as long as possible while promoting independence and increasing self esteem to maximize the client’s full potential.
Killaloe & District Senior Citizens Friendship Club
12 Lake Street
600 Cecelia Street
9 Stafford Street
Barry’s Bay, Ontario
Petawawa Civic Centre
16 Civic Centre Road
Our Program Offers
- Structured physically and mentally stimulating activities
- Social interaction and companionship
- Preventative health care (assistance with bathing/hygiene, blood pressure. weight checks)
- Dispensing and supervision of medication
- Refreshments and lunch
- Hairdressing and Foot Care services can be arranged by appointment
Who is Eligible?
- Older adults living in the community who suffer from dementia and would benefit from a structured social setting
- Frail elderly in need of stimulation and activation
- Older adults who would benefit from an active social setting
There is a daily cost which includes nutritious meals and snacks and stimulating activities in a healthy and safe environment.
Day/Hours of Operation
Pembroke and area: Flexible hours are available, Monday to Friday.
Barry’s Bay & area: Flexible hours are available, Tuesday and Thursdays: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Killaloe & area: Flexible hours are available, Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Referrals can be initiated by families, physicians and community services providers. Participants are admitted to the service through the Placement Coordination Service at the Champlain Community Care Access Centre.
Clients are encouraged to provide their own transportation or arrangements can be made with the Pembroke Hand-Bus (735-6998). Barry’s Bay and Killaloe area clients are encouraged to provide their own transportation or arrangements for transportation can be made for a minimal fee with the Adult Day Service van. For further information about the Adult Day Service contact:
Pembroke & Area Adult Day Service
(613)735-6839 Ext 251
Barry’s Bay & Killaloe Adult Day Service
(613) 735-6839 Ext 251
Fax (613) 732-3934