Pastoral care at Marianhill is a ministry embodying grace and hope for the elderly, their families and those who serve them. Caring for the spirit brings love and acceptance to all members of our society as we journey through life, particularly for the elderly.
Death, illness and aging are among the many concerns common to each of us. Just when you need it most, our pastoral care staff and volunteers are here to accompany you on life’s journey. At Marianhill, you’ll be greatly comforted in knowing you’re surrounded by those who love and want to help you.
The cornerstone of our pastoral care program is the beautiful chapel located just off the main lobby.
Marianhill pastoral services include:
- Roman Catholic mass in the Chapel at 10:30 am on Wednesday, and 10 am on Monday, Friday and Sunday.
- Rosary in the Chapel at 9:30 am everyday except Saturday.
- Scheduled communion is available to all residents who wish to receive.
- Multi-Faith Protestant Services are held every Thursday at 11:00 am in the Chapel, of which some are Services of Communion.
- Liaison with the clergy of one’s choice.
- Chaplain Father Ken O’Brien and Pastoral Care Coordinator Lianne Stevens are available at your request.
- Trained pastoral care volunteer visitors faithfully and regularly visit residents, providing gentle presence and a listening ear.
- Trained and experienced palliative care volunteers work alongside pastoral care workers to tenderly care for the needs of those facing terminal illness.
On admission, any funeral plans that have been prearranged by the resident are noted in the resident’s chart.
GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP
Grief touches family and friends, as well as professional and volunteer care providers. Join us to find comfort, validation and the knowledge that your are not alone in your time of grief.
Second Monday of Each Month (except Thanksgiving Day)
10:00 am to 11:30 am
Social Care Services: 613-633-4317
Pastoral Care: 613-633-4316
The life and death of us has its influence on others.
Pastoral Care Coordinator