Volunteers play a vital role in enriching the lives of each resident at Marianhill. These unique and valued individuals assist in hosting activities such as crafts, entertainment and special events. Volunteer opportunities are many and varied: edit a newsletter, be a driver, join our eating assistance program or serve as a board member or member.
Choose the area(s) you would like to volunteer in, and discuss opportunities with our Volunteer Coordinator:
- Adult Day Program Volunteer
- Clerical/Computer Volunteer
- Eating Assistant Volunteer
- Hospice Palliative Care Volunteer
- Pastoral Care Volunteer
- Recreation Volunteer
- Special Events Volunteer
While help is welcome in all programs, we are actively seeking volunteers for the Eating Assistance and Adult Day Programs.
The Adult Day Program involves a commitment of one day per week from 10 am to 3 pm to provide assistance with handicrafts and entertainment such as playing the piano.
Volunteers in the Eating Assistance Program must be available on a weekly and/or daily basis for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Download: Volunteer Application Form
Health and Safety
- Regular cleaning of hands reduces the spread of infection. Please clean your hands upon entering the home and prior to exiting the home. Please contact registered nursing staff if you have any questions regarding hand hygiene.
- Cover coughs or sneezes with tissue or crook of your arm. Please refrain from touching your face.
- If Infection Control Precaution signage is posted, please check with the nursing staff for further direction prior to entering the room.
- Should the home experience an outbreak, volunteers are expected to respect the restrictions and policies that may be put into effect on consultation with Public Health.
- Follow staff instructions in the event of an emergency.