Marianhill is a charitable long-term care facility located in the beautiful Ottawa Valley. We provide specialized care for 200 long-term and complex continuing care Residents as well as a 3 bed Hospice unit.
Marianhill is currently seeking Part Time Dietary Aides
Under the direction of the Nutrition Services Manager, the dietary aide assists with the provision of Resident care. Duties are performed in accordance with Marianhill’s mission statement, established policies and procedures, current legislation and in a manner that respects the uniqueness, dignity, worth, self-respect, self-determination and autonomy of our Residents to promote maximum independence.
- Grade 12 education
- Preferred: Food Service Worker certification course approved by Dieticians of Canada and the Ontario Society of Nutrition Management. Please note that this is a required qualification and those with the certification will be chosen with priority for interviewing and the position.
- A current certificate in the Food Handler Certification Program offered by the Public Health Department.
- Experience in a food service environment.
- Oral and written proficiency in English is required.
- Excellent attendance is essential.
Hours of Work: Varied shifts.
Wage: $22.08-$22.80 per hour per CUPE Local 2764 (currently under negotiations) and 14% lieu of benefits and 4% lieu of vacation applicable for part time (vacation is payable twice annually) Part time staff can join the pension plan optionally.
Applicants should apply with their resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit a clear vulnerable sector check prior to on-boarding, provide proof of flu vaccine and provide proof of 2-Step Mantoux TB Skin testing. Employees are required to undergo N95 Mask Fit testing as required.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Marianhill is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and hiring process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants need to make their needs known at the time of application.