Part Time Maintenance Person – .5 FTE
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Be courteous and friendly to visitors and work in a cooperative manner with co-workers.
- Must demonstrate a genuine concern and interest in the well-being of the residents.
- Must be self-motivating and work with minimal supervision.
- Must have the physical capabilities compatible with the current physical demands analysis for this position.
- Building Maintenance Mechanic Certificate or equivalent is required.
- Grade 12 education is required.
- Experience with computers is required.
- One-year experience in the commercial maintenance field is required.
- Experience working with geriatrics and dementia care is an asset.
- Must have working knowledge of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, electrical motors, electrical systems, plumbing, carpentry, painting and blue print reading.
- Oral and written proficiency in English is required.
- Excellent attendance is essential
Hours of Work: To be discussed
Rate of Pay: As per CUPE 2764 Collective Agreement, hourly $23.35-$23.97
Applications: Please complete the interactive External job application form. Please upload your resume for review outlining how you meet the qualifications of the position. Please not that successful applicants will be required to provide proof of flu vaccination, proof of 2-Step Mantoux TB Skin Test and a current, clear vulnerable sector criminal record check dated within the last 6 months.
Marianhill is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and hiring process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants need to make their needs known at the time of application.
Posted: September 15, 2023
Closing Date: September 25, 2023 at 16:00 hrs.