Marianhill is a charitable long-term care facility located in the beautiful Ottawa Valley. We provide specialized care for 200 long-term and complex continuing care residents as well as a 3 bed Hospice unit.
Marianhill is currently seeking Full Time Restorative Care/Rehab Assistant
Under the direction of the Manager of Recreation and Volunteers the Restorative Care Worker is responsible for maintaining a clean, pleasant atmosphere. Such duties are performed in accordance with Marianhill’s mission statement, established policies and procedures, current legislation and in a manner that respects the uniqueness, dignity, worth, self-respect, self-determination and autonomy of our residents to promote maximum independence.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills, personal initiative, and sound judgment, as well as, the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, required.
- Must demonstrate a genuine concern and interest in the well-being of the resident and be extremely patient when interacting with the resident.
- Must be courteous and friendly to visitors and work in a cooperative manner with co-workers.
- Musical ability is considered an asset.
- Must have the physical capabilities compatible with the current physical demands analysis for this position.
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary diploma at the community college level in a health related field such as: Certificate in a Restorative Care Program from a recognized program, Gerontology, Physiotherapy Assistant Program, Kinesiology, Physical Education
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to follow direction and work in a team environment
- Knowledge of programming needs for older adults diagnosed with dementia
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Basic computer skills
- Oral and written proficiency in English is required.
- Excellent attendance is essential.
Hours of Work: Varied Shifts
Rate of Pay: As per CUPE 2764 Collective Agreement, hourly $23.39-$23.92 (currently under negotiation) All full time staff recieve pension and benefits effective day one of employment with no waiting period.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note proof as per Marianhill policy of required vaccinations, including but not limited to influenza, etc., is required as well as proof of a 2-Step Mantoux TB Skin Test. You will be required to provide an original, vulnerable sector criminal record check clear of any/all non-pardoned offences. Education certificate, diploma or otherwise must be provided to the Employer and you must participate in the N95 Mask Fit Testing Program as applicable.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Marianhill is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations must be made known at time of application.