Full Time Recreation Therapist
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills, personal initiative, and sound judgment, as well as, the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, required.
- Must demonstrate a genuine concern and interest in the well-being of the resident and be extremely patient when interacting with the resident.
- Must be courteous and friendly to visitors and work in a cooperative manner with co-workers.
- Musical ability is considered an asset.
- Must have the physical capabilities compatible with the current physical demands analysis for this position.
- University Degree in Therapeutic Recreation or Degree in Gerontology with College Diploma in Recreation Therapy.
- Member in good standing with TRO.
- Membership with other recreation related organizations considered an asset (i.e. Canadian Therapeutic Recreation Association, Activity Professionals of Ontario, Older Adult Centers Association.
- Completion of a food safety awareness program recognized by a Public Health Unit is required.
- Computer Literacy is an asset.
- Oral and written proficiency in English is required.
- Excellent attendance is essential.
Hours of Work: Varied Shifts
Rate of Pay: As per CUPE 2764 Collective Agreement, hourly range $24.89-25.62
Applications: Please complete the interactive External Application. Complete all sections online and click submit when finished to send.
Marianhill is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and hiring process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants need to make their needs known at the time of application.