Christmas is such an important family time, so with the challenges of COVID it means we miss seeing everyone even more at this time of year.
Over the past 20 months keeping our residents and staff safe has been our number one priority, as our medical experts advise this is a very contagious variant and we have to be vigilant.
Effective December 23, 2021: based on recent updates from the Renfrew County and District Health Unit concerning lack of tests, increasing cases and risk to vulnerable populations in long-term care, Marianhill is implementing the following restrictions:
- Resident short-stay absences (day leaves) are suspended unless required for medical appointments or exceptional circumstances such as palliative care
- Overnight leaves will result in a discharge as per information shared last week
- General visitors are not permitted
- Essential caregivers are limited to one per day
- Only two people can be listed as essential caregivers per resident
- Menus have been adjusted to provide a choice of hot meal or sandwich at both lunch and dinner
- Family will be contacted if there is a change in a resident’s condition or medication
- Staff are being encouraged to receive their third dose of vaccine
- Staff are being tested regularly to help reduce the risk of outbreak
We will continue to monitor the situation and follow the advice of the Renfrew County and District Health Unit and the Ontario government.
Thank you for your understanding.