Pastoral Care Services
Pastoral care among people in Marianhill is a ministry embodying grace and hope for the elderly, their families and others who serve them. Caring for the spirit brings a word of love and acceptance to senior members of our society. Pastoral care offers a particular sensitivity to the elderly as they journey through life. Because the spiritual needs of the residents are important to us, we have a beautiful, tranquil Chapel, the central point of the main Lobby and a supportive pastoral care staff along with trained pastoral care volunteers available to residents and family members.
A World of Encouragement
At some point in our lives, each of us will experience tough times that need the love and support of Pastoral Care Ministry. Death, illness and aging are among the many concerns common to each of us. Just when needed the most, our Pastoral Care staff and volunteers are ready to walk beside you along this road we call Life. At Marianhill, you will be greatly comforted in knowing you are surrounded by those who love you and want to help.
Religious needs of all are met by:
- Roman Catholic mass in the Chapel at 10:30 am on Wednesdays and 10 am Monday, Friday and Sunday. Rosary at 9:30 am all days except Saturday.
- Communion is available to all residents who wish to receive.
- Multi-Faith Protestant Services are held every Thursday at 11:00 a.m. in the Chapel of which some are Services of Communion.
- Providing a liaison with the clergy of one's choice.
- Our Chaplain, Father Ken O'Brien or our Pastoral Care Coordinator, Lianne Stevens, is available at your request.
- Trained pastoral care volunteer visitors who faithfully and regularly visit residents, provide gentle presence and a listening ear.
- Trained and experienced palliative care volunteers who tenderly care for the needs of those who are facing terminal illness who work along side pastoral care to provide all inclusive spiritual care to the dying.
The life and death of us has its influence on others.